Hey Guys! Salaam!
Welcome to our trip to Kabul! Dave and I leave on Friday, February 27th, and should be in country from March 1-13 working in the city. We'll be teaching some English courses, computer courses and some business development courses for those two weeks. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say, so this post will be short. We should have some internet access in the field house, but electricity is unreliable in Kabul, so I will update when I can. Dave will have a digital camera, so we might even be able to post some photos, but that's certainly not a promise, just a hope.
Many thanks are already in order before this trip has even started. Many of you have already sent letters, support checks, encouraging words, and prayers. We can't tell you how much these mean to us and will soon mean to those in Afghanistan. None of this would be possible without them. There is so much need, and I'm proud of all of you for stepping up and filling a portion of it.
As far as preparations are concerned, it looks like almost everything has been taken care of, and we are simply waiting on the plane to take us away. However, there are a few more things to get ironed out before we leave, so please pray that they are accomplished and our travel and arrival are as smooth as possible. Huge thanks to Dave and Louise for taking care of the preparations and logistics. Y'all rule.
Well, it's late, and I should get some rest. Hopefully, the next posts will be a little more interesting. Shab bekheir.
PS. I might even try to post one in Farsi or Dari. To the Persian speakers, please don't laugh too much at my Farnglish and feel free to offer to fix it if I do post it. Mersi.